Sunday, February 15, 2009

Entry #23 The First Dust Storm

We experienced our first sandstorm on Tuesday night, all day Wednesday and into Thursday. I don't think words will do this justice so I have included a few pictures that another teacher took. These pictures have not been altered. There was so much sand in the air that it appeared to be orange. You could taste the sand and feel yourself breathing it in. My asthma seemed fine but it seemed to trigger my migraines and I had to leave school on Thursday.

There was no escaping the dust. Even in our apartment there was a layer of dust coating everything. We would clean the table and an hour later the dust would be back. One teacher fell asleep with her window open on Tuesday night and she woke up and her apartment was like a beach.

We were really hoping for our first "sand day" off of school but it didn't happen :(










1 comment:

Khaylie White said...

Hey Ms. hughes... Its Khaylie White from last year english class at DHS... Ive been trying to get in touch... and then I heard about your blog... its pretty cool, your all down with the technology lol...Anyway just thought i message you.. i remember you saying that you wanted to keep in touch... so my email is kay7000@hotmail.com, itwould be great to hear from you